By Elizabeth Langton
This year’s awards bring The Et Cetera’s Pacemaker count to six: 2011, 2015, 2017 and 2020 for the newspaper and 2019 and 2020 for the website.
Students on staff collected 19 awards from the Associated Collegiate Press (ACP) and the College Media Association. The Pacemaker, awarded by ACP, is considered the Pulitzer Prize of college journalism.
These students compete head-to-head with college journalists across the country. In the individual award categories, no distinction is made between students at two-year and four-year schools.
From the Associated Collegiate Press
- Comic Panel/Strip (Ariel Evans, Gabriella Evans)
- Newspaper Special Section/Advertising (Skye Seipp, Anthony Lazon, Erik Krouskop)
- Broadcast: COVID-19 News or Feature Story (Skye Seipp)
- Ernie Pyle Human-Interest Profile (Skye Seipp)
- Sports Feature Story (Brianna Harmon)
- Newspaper Front Page (Anthony Lazon)
- Print Advertisement (Erik Krouskop)
- Online Advertisement (Anthony Lazon, Jessica Martinez)
From the College Media Association
- Best Newspaper Nameplate (Staff)