Last updated on October 13, 2020
It’s election season! Early voting starts Oct. 13, so use your voice to rally others to head to the polls by participating in the Student Government Association (SGA) Voting Video Challenge on Instagram. Simply create a video encouraging others to register to vote and you could win gift cards or an iPad mini.
Dallas College Early Voting Locations
If you are a registered voter in Dallas County, you may vote early at the following Dallas College locations. And if you’re voting early, make sure you vote before the Oct. 30 deadline!
- Brookhaven Campus, W Building, Room W105, 3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch 75244
- Cedar Valley Campus, M Building, Room M105, 3030 N. Dallas Ave., Lancaster 75134
- Eastfield Campus, S Building, Rooms S100/101, 3737 Motley Drive, Mesquite 75150
- El Centro Campus, Student Center, 801 Main St., Dallas 75202
- Garland Center (formerly Richland Garland Campus), Main Lobby, 675 W. Walnut St., Garland 75040
- Mountain View Campus, E Building Main Lobby, 4849 W. Illinois Ave., Dallas 75211
- North Lake Campus, F Building, Room 105, 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving 75038
- Pleasant Grove Center (formerly Eastfield Pleasant Grove Campus), Community Rooms 108/109, 802 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas 75217
- Richland Campus, Guadalupe (G) Building Foyer Area, 12800 Abrams Road, Dallas 75243
- West Dallas Center (formerly El Centro West Campus), 3330 N. Hampton Road, Dallas 75212
The main entrance on Hampton Road is closed. Enter from Kraft Street.
Voting Video Challenge
Dallas College students, faculty, staff and community members (Texas residents) may enter. And we invite you to challenge your neighbors, friends, family, classmates and instructors to take on the challenge and to vote, too!
Challenge No. 1: Rally to the Polls Challenge
This contest runs from Monday, Oct. 12 to Oct. 27, 2020.
How to Enter
- Create a 60-second (or less) video encouraging others to register to vote, research before they vote or to go vote.
- Post the video to a public Instagram account by the challenge deadline (midnight Oct. 27).
- Follow and tag @DallasCollegeTX on Instagram.
- Use #DallasCollegeVotes and dcccd.edu/votes in the caption.
Note: You can also post your video on Tik Tok, Facebook and other social media platforms, but judges will choose winners from only the videos posted to Instagram. If you are not comfortable making your Instagram account public to enter the contest, you can still create and post a voting video to encourage friends to register, research and rally.
What to Post
The message in your video entry is completely up to you. Your video could focus on registering to vote if you post prior to the Oct. 5 voter registration deadline. Or, if you want to get Dallasites to the polls, your video might encourage friends to research candidates or to participate in early voting.
Dance. Sing. Perform a how-to demonstration. Your creativity is the limit!
Visit our voting site for general voting information, including deadlines, locations to pick up voter registration cards, how to look up your voter status, voting locations and more.
Win a Prize
Representatives from the Dallas College Student Government Associations will choose the winning entries.
Community Award Categories*
Three community members (non-students/faculty/staff) per challenge (six winners total) will each receive a Dallas College swag gift bag that contains a notebook, pen, coaster, mask and other items.
The categories are:
- Most creative/artistic
- Most informative
Dallas College Students, Faculty and Staff Awards*
The following prizes are solely for Dallas College students, faculty and staff. The top three faculty/staff entries and the top three students entries for each challenge will earn prizes.
The overall best student entry in each challenge will be named Platinum Award winner. (14 winners total)
- Bronze: $20 Starbucks gift card
- Silver: $20 Starbucks gift card and gift bag with notebook and pen
- Gold: $50 Starbucks gift card and gift bag with notebook and pen
- Platinum: $50 Starbucks gift card, gift bag with notebook and pen and iPad mini 64 GB
Winning entries will be announced on the student blog the week after each challenge ends.
Best of luck and have fun helping Dallas College SGA in this citywide Rally the Vote campaign!
*You can submit multiple entries for both challenges but are only eligible to win one prize. Administrators and marketing/communications staff are ineligible for prizes.
**This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
**The post serves as the contest’s official rules.