Last updated on August 12, 2020
Register early and set up your college credit classes for the rest of the calendar year when priority registration opens April 21.
“Priority registration” means you, already a Dallas College student, get first crack at registering for classes for Maymester, Summer semester and Fall semester classes.
Please register as early as you can. Courses have limited enrollments, and they’re filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How Do I Register?
Once you make sure you’re eligible to register online, you can go through the browsable class schedule to find the courses you want to take from now through the end of 2020. (Note: May, Summer and Fall class schedules will be available starting Tuesday, April 7.)
Don’t forget to keep prerequisite requirements in mind when you’re registering for classes. You won’t be able to register for some courses if you haven’t taken the prerequisite courses, which usually serve as an introduction. You can find that information in the browsable class schedule.
Not sure if a class you want is filled up? The browsable class schedule will give you that information too! If a course has a caution icon, the class is filled. If not, you’re good to go!
For credit classes, the date your tuition will be due depends on when you register. Register early to get the best selection of courses. If you register for Flex Term classes, your tuition is due before the class starts.
Here’s what you need to know about when, where and who you need to pay.
Flex Term Registration
If you don’t have time for regular classes, consider taking Flex Term classes.
Flex Term classes offer you more flexibility with your schedule because you can register throughout the year. The courses also all vary in length and how often the class meets. If that sounds like it fits your schedule, check out the browsable class schedule.
Keep these dates in mind as you start planning your schedule for Maymester, the Summer semesters and Fall.
- Tuesday, April 21: Priority registration begins for May, Summer and Fall credit classes.
- Monday, April 27: Regular registration begins for May, Summer and Fall credit classes.
- Monday, May 25: Colleges and administrative offices closed for Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 4: Summer I begins.
- Friday, July 3: Colleges and administrative offices closed for Fourth of July
- Monday, July 6: Summer II begins.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: Last day to register for 16-week Fall credit classes
- Monday, Aug. 24: Fall semester begins.