Wouldn’t life be better if your textbooks and learning materials cost less? What if they cost less and were picked out just for you and ready by the first day of classes?
That dream is now a reality thanks to IncludED.
How Does It Work?
IncludED is a new collaborative initiative between DCCCD and our campus bookstore partner, Follett. It is designed to make the college experience more affordable and accessible for students.*
Beginning with the Fall 2020 semester, the rising costs of textbooks and other learning materials will be a thing of the past, because IncludED bundles your class needs with the cost of tuition.
A vast majority (77%) of DCCCD faculty use course materials, like a textbook, during each class. As a result, it is more important than ever for students to have those materials on hand and ready to use by day one. To make sure you’re ready for success, IncludED provides access to course materials when classes start.
*Early College and Dual Credit students will participate through their designated high school. The colleges of DCCCD are not currently including Continuing Education courses in the IncludED program.
What Does This Mean?
There’s no action required — you’re already IncludED when you register for classes, starting in Fall 2020! With the IncludEd program, learning materials are included in the cost of tuition. While tuition will rise from $59 per credit hour to $79 per credit hour for Dallas County residents, students will save as much as 50% on the course materials they need, allowing you to save more money in the long run. And DCCCD tuition still ranks as the most affordable higher education option for in-county residents.
Invest in You
• You’ll receive your learning materials when classes begin.
• You could save 50% on average thanks to the learning materials-tuition bundle.
• You can manage your spending power on other educational costs with your eligible financial aid.
• You can decrease your loan debt.
• You can access to a dedicated phone line/help desk if you have any questions.
Learn More, Stress Less
• Nearly one in five students skipped or deferred class because of course material costs.
• More than one-third of students decided to go without the required materials.
• Only 28% of students had all required materials on the first day of class.
When enrolling for the Fall 2020 semester, students at the colleges of DCCCD will be automatically enrolled in the IncludED program on a semester-by-semester basis. If you do not wish to take advantage of the opportunity to save as much as 50% off the cost of your learning materials, you will be given a chance to opt out of IncludED during the registration process.