Do you have computer experience or are you an experienced professional? Maybe you are looking for ways to further develop your computer skills and career? No matter your situation, studying Business Office Systems and Support (BOSS) at Dallas Community Colleges may be for you.
How Can I Get Started?
Good question, we’re glad you asked. You can get started in the BOSS program at Brookhaven, Eastfield, El Centro, North Lake and Richland colleges. You can also complete most certificates in one semester. Certificate and degree options in BOSS include:
- Business Office Specialist Certificate. You can complete this certificate in one semester.
- Software Application Specialist Certificate. This certificate can be completed in one semester.
- Virtual Assistant Skills Achievement Award. You can complete this award in one semester.
- Administrative Professional Enhanced Skills Certificate. This certificate can be completed in one semester.
- Administrative Specialist Certificate. This certificate can be completed in three semesters.
- Executive Assistant Associate in Applied Science degree. This degree can be completed in two years if you are a full-time student.
What Are Some Possible Career Paths in Business Office Systems and Support?
There are multiple career options available if you study business office systems and support, start in an entry-level position and work your way up in a company. Some possible careers that you may want to consider include:
- Office clerk
- Data entry
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary/administrative assistant
Do I Have What It Takes to Work in the Business World?
The business world isn’t for everyone, and not everyone likes being the main contact or first point of contact when walking into an office. If the following characteristics sound like you, you are on the right path for business office systems and support. Of course, there are other characteristics that may not be listed.
Decision-making skills. You must be able to prioritize tasks and make decisions on the employers’ behalf, so good judgment is essential.
Interpersonal skills. Be able to interact with clients, customers and staff. You should communicate effectively and polite when interacting with others.
Organizational skills. Manage and keep files, folders and schedules in proper order so the office can run efficiently.
I’m Interested in Learning More
Great! We hope you check out the business office systems and support certificate and degree options. To help get you started, be sure to check out these resources.
- To get started, complete the admissions process and meet with an academic advisor.
- Check out the Business Office Systems and Support Guided Pathways.
- Not sure how much tuition will cost? You can calculate your tuition to give you an idea of what to expect.