You’ve probably heard the news by now but, just in case you haven’t, you can ride DART to class for free with Dallas Community Colleges! It’s true, and you aren’t seeing things. The Student GoPass is your key to class and getting around Dallas with DART. There are some requirements, so before you get too excited, let’s review them.
To participate in the DART GoPass program, you must be:
- Enrolled in six or more credit hours for the Fall or Spring semester. Taking Summer courses? You only need to be enrolled in three or more credit hours to take advantage of the free Student GoPass.
- Taking continuing education courses? You need to be enrolled in 96 or more contact hours (for the fall or spring semesters) and 48 or more contact hours for the summer semester.
While you’re here, check out how a free DART Student GoPass comes in handy at the colleges of DCCCD.
I’m Ready To Sign Up
- Be sure you have paid your tuition by direct payment, through financial aid or by setting up a payment plan before requesting a pass.
- Say cheese and have your photo taken at your college campus (if you haven’t already).
- Next, request your Student GoPass, by filling out the My DART GoPass Application form on eConnect under “My Personal Information.”
- Don’t forget to download the DART GoPass app on your phone. The app is free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Finally, open the GoPass app and register your phone number. In the GoPass app, you’ll select “More” then “Your Profile” and follow the instructions to enter your information.
- You’re all set! Your college will verify your information and, once verified, your Student GoPass will appear in your GoPass app under “Wallet.”
Heads up — If you apply for your GoPass during the semester/term, your GoPass generally shows up in 2-5 business days. If you apply for your GoPass before your classes begin, your GoPass typically shows up about one week prior to the class start date.
What If I Don’t Have a Smartphone or My Phone Isn’t Compatible?
If you don’t have a smartphone or your phone isn’t compatible with the app, have no fear. You can still enjoy the benefits of a GoPass. You will be issued a decal from your college’s business office after the certification date.
Questions or Concerns?
Not a problem, we have your back! Be sure to check out our DART Student GoPass Frequently Asked Questions page or leave your question below. We are happy to help.