Welcome back! Whether you’re a new student or current student, we’re glad you’re here! Do you need help buying textbooks or finding classes? Don’t know what to study or need a ride to class? We’ve got you covered. Check out this list of what you need to know for the upcoming Fall semester! Classes start Monday, Aug. 26, for 16-week classes, so don’t delay.
1. Deadline To Register Is Wednesday, Aug. 21
Fall 2019 registration is underway, and we are quickly approaching the registration deadline. Wednesday, Aug. 21, is the last day you can register for 16-week classes. Still unsure what classes to take? Head over to the Fall 2019 class schedule to check it out. Keep in mind Aug. 21 is a solid deadline — there is no late registration for the colleges of DCCCD.
2. Need Help Selecting a Career Path?
Have you heard about Guided Pathways? Guided Pathways clearly outline specific requirements that tell you which courses to enroll in and identify learning outcomes of each program . a clear, concise map that takes you through each step of your college journey and helps you transition to a four-year school or enter the job market.
Guided pathways are available within each of the seven career paths offered at the colleges of DCCCD.
You can choose from the following career paths:
3. Extended Registration Hours to Accommodate Your Schedule
Some Colleges Are Offering Later Registration Times:
Brookhaven College – Aug. 13-15, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; Aug. 16, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; Aug. 19-21, 8 a.m.– 8p.m.
Cedar Valley College – Aug. 13-15, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Aug. 16, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Aug. 19-21, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Eastfield College – Aug. 16, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Aug. 19-20, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Aug. 21, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
El Centro College – Aug. 16, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; and Aug. 19-21, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Mountain View College – Aug. 13-16, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., and Aug. 19-21, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
North Lake College – Aug. 16, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; and Aug. 19- 21, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Richland College – Aug. 13-16, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.; and Aug. 19-21, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
4. Miss the Registration Deadline? Take a Flex Term or Wintermester Class
Flex Term classes are offered throughout the year and last for various lengths of time. We offer a variety of “flexible term” classes that don’t necessarily start with the rest of the Fall 2019 semester, so the deadlines to register vary. Another option might be Winter Term (the schedule isn’t out yet, but it will be a little later this year). Winter Term classes are considered part of the Spring 2020 semester, and they’re fast paced. When we say fast, we aren’t kidding! They begin and conclude between the Fall and Spring semesters, usually from about mid-December to early January.
5. Catch a Free Ride to Class with DART
Are you a current student who would like a free ride to class? If you answered yes, you’re in luck! Check out the eligibility requirements and other details. Don’t forget to download your DART GoPass app before classes start on Aug. 26!
Here’s how to sign up:
- To request your Student GoPass, fill out the My DART GoPass Application form on eConnect under “My Personal Information.”
- Next, say cheese and have your photo taken at your college campus.
- Then, don’t forget to download the new GoPass app on your phone. The app is free in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Finally, open the GoPass app and register your phone number.
- You’re all done! Your college will verify your information and, once verified, your Student GoPass will automatically appear when you open the new Dart GoPass app.
6. Looking for Textbooks?
Other Helpful Student Resources
- Need Help With Financial Aid? We get it, financial aid can be confusing and frustrating at times. We have a step-by-step process mapped out for you. If you should get turned around and need help, contact us at 972-587-2599 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Much Will Tuition Cost? Tuition and college fees can be overwhelming, and it is sometimes hard to narrow down exactly how much a class will cost. Use our tuition calculators to take the guessing game out of tuition costs.