Last updated on September 26, 2019
The Spring 2019 semester is almost here! We can’t wait to welcome you back. You have a lot going on so we’ve put a list together of what you need to know for the upcoming semester! Here’s what you need to know.
Deadline to Register Is Wednesday, Jan. 16
Can you believe it’s time to register for spring classes? In case you missed it, Spring 2019 registration is underway, and we are quickly approaching the registration deadline. The clock is ticking and Wednesday, Jan. 16 is the last day you can register for 16-week classes.
Still unsure what classes to take? Head over to the Spring 2019 class schedule to check it out. Please note that there is no late registration at the colleges of DCCCD — so don’t take a chance and make sure you register as soon as possible.
Need Help Selecting a Career Path?
Have you heard about Guided Pathways? Whether you’re new or you’re a current student, a guided pathway can help you plan your college journey — it’s a clear, concise map that takes you through each step and helps you transition to a four-year school or enter the job market.
Guided pathways are available within each of the seven career paths offered at the colleges of DCCCD.
You can choose from the following career paths:
- Arts, Humanities, Communications and Design
- Health Services
- Industry, Manufacturing and Construction
- Social Sciences & Public Service
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
Some Colleges Will Have Extended Registration Hours
It’s true! Some colleges of DCCCD will be open later hours during the week, and all colleges will be open Wednesday, Jan. 16 so you can register in person.
Colleges observing extended hours on Saturday, Jan. 12:
- Brookhaven: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Cedar Valley: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Eastfield: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- El Centro: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- El Centro West: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Mountain View: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- North Lake: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- North Lake’s North Campus: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- North Lake’s South Campus: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Richland: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Can’t Make it to Saturday Registration? Some Colleges Are Offering Later Registration Times
- Brookhaven – Tuesday, Jan. 8- Thursday Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Cedar Valley – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday, Jan.11, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Eastfield – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Tuesday, Jan. 15, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- El Centro – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Mountain View – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Wednesday, Jan. 9, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- North Lake – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- North Lake’s North Campus – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- North Lake’s South Campus – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Richland – Tuesday, Jan. 8-Thursday, Jan. 10, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday, Jan. 11, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14-Wednesday, Jan. 16, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Don’t Forget About Flex Term Classes
Flex Term classes are offered throughout the year and last for various lengths of time. We offer a variety of “flexible term” classes that don’t necessarily start with the rest of the Spring 2019 semester classes, so the deadlines to register vary.
If You Haven’t Had a Meningitis Vaccination, You Need One!
You need to get a meningitis vaccination, it’s the law! The state of Texas requires that all college students under the age of 22 receive a meningitis vaccination. This requirement applies to:
- All first-time credit students
- All new transfer credit students
- All returning students who have experienced a break in enrollment of at least one fall or spring semester
- New and returning continuing education students enrolled in programs that are at least 360 contact hours or greater
- Distance education students who live in Texas (based on actual mailing address. A P.O. box cannot be used as proof of residency.)
- Dual Credit, Middle College, Early College and/or Charter High School students attending classes at the college
- Continuing Education students enrolled in a concurrent credit course(s)
Not sure where to get the meningitis vaccine? There are several ways you can get your meningitis vaccination.
- Your local pharmacy — such as Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, etc.
- Your primary care doctor can give you the vaccination or provide information on where to get it.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services department is another option with a variety of locations available.
Note: There are a few situations where exceptions or exemptions may be made, depending on various circumstances. You can read more about these exemptions on the colleges of DCCCD website.
Finding Your Way Around Campus
Download the Dallas Community Colleges app which can help you find your way around campus. Don’t have a smart phone? We have you covered as well! Campus maps for all seven of our colleges are available online.
Find Out How to Get a DART GoPass
Are you a current student who would like a free ride to class? If you answered yes, you’re in luck! Check out the eligibility requirements and other details.
Here’s how to sign up:
- To request your Student GoPass, fill out the My DART GoPass Application form on eConnect under “My Personal Information.”
- Next, say cheese and have your photo taken at your college campus.
- Then, don’t forget to download the new GoPass app on your phone. The app is free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Finally, open the GoPass app and register your phone number.
- You’re all done! Your college will verify your information and, once verified, your Student GoPass will automatically appear when you open the new Dart GoPass app.
Other Helpful Student Resources
- Need Help With Financial Aid? We have a step-by-step process mapped out for you. If you need help, contact us at 972-587-2599 or, if calling isn’t your thing, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Much Will My Classes Cost? Use our tuition calculators to take the guessing game out of tuition costs.