Hey, you! Yes, you! It’s that time again. We need you and your writing skills! Depending on how long you’ve been a college student, you may or may not have learned by now how important it is to develop good writing chops. (If you haven’t learned this yet, then just trust us — it’s really, really important.)
With that in mind, we’re hoping you can help us out by becoming a Dallas Community Colleges student blogger. You’ll get to practice your sweet writing skills, as well as beef up your resume in the process. It’s a win-win!
Here’s how it works: Selected student bloggers will write at least one post during each semester. The posts will be added to our blog and may also be included in our eNewsletter and on social media.
Sound good? Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Write a 200- to 300-word sample blog post about college. Your sample post could be about one of your classes, a paper you wrote, why you chose your major, who inspires you to work hard or any other college-related topic you’d like to write about. (Take a look at other posts on this blog, including previous student blogger posts, to get an idea of the kinds of posts we’re looking for.)
- Email your sample blog post to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it! We’ll pick writers to work with on a regular basis, and you’ll get to meet them right here on the blog.
Not Sure What to Write About?
If you find yourself wondering what to write about, you’re not alone. Here are some questions that may help.
- Why did you choose to attend ____________ ? (the campus you attend)
- What inspired you to go to college?
- Who is your favorite professor and why?
- What has your experience been like at Dallas Community Colleges?