Last updated on September 26, 2019
Did you know you can take online classes from top universities and pay DCCCD tuition rates? It’s true! If you’ve completed at least 12 credit hours from one of the seven Dallas Community Colleges with a 3.5 GPA or higher, you qualify. You’re probably thinking that’s great but what is this and why do I need to enroll in these courses? These are great questions and we are here to break down everything you need to know about the International Honors Certificate.
What Are International Honors Certificates?
International Honors courses are offered 100 percent online to students of the colleges of DCCCD in partnership with Phi Theta Kappa. These courses are currently offered by four different four-year universities with Dallas Community Colleges course equivalencies and each lead to a different International Honor Certificate. Most classes can be completed in about four to six weeks.
What Are the Requirements?
There are some other requirements in order to participate besides 12 credit hours and a 3.5 GPA or higher. Check out the other requirements:
- You must be enrolled in one of the colleges of DCCCD.
- You are limited to taking one International Honor Certificate online course per semester.
- Courses are graded on pass/fail basis, if you pass the course you will receive a grade of “CR.”
- Financial aid is available; you must register before the class begins to be eligible.
- You will also receive an “International Leadership in Action and Development” certificate through PTK upon completion of the program.
- Good news—you don’t have to be a member of Phi Theta Kappa to enroll.
Tell Me More About Course Options:
UCLA Anderson – Global Entrepreneurship Certificate
You can learn the basics of global entrepreneurship with the convenience of an Internet connection through UCLA Anderson. Choose from Introduction to Business or Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship to learn the core concepts of creating a global business plan, getting it funded and successfully growing your business.
- BUSI 1301 81465 Introduction to Business
- BUSG 2309 81465 Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship
University of Johannesburg, South Africa – Organizational Leadership Certificate
Learn to better understand yourself and others while building a foundation for leadership in any context with an Organizational Leadership certificate. Choose from Inter Cultural Management or Organizational Behavior to learn more about guiding others while navigating different backgrounds and personalities.
- IBUS 2341 81465 Inter Cultural Management
- HRPO 2307 81465 Organizational Behavior
University of South Carolina – International Business Human Resources Certificate
You can earn an International Business Human Resources certificate through the University of South Carolina. You’ll learn to balance corporate policies with local customs to successfully manage in a global workplace. Choose from Introduction to International Business and Trade or Human Resources Management to start learning more about how to navigate the international marketplace.
- IBUS 1305 81465 Introduction to International Business and Trade
- HRPO 2301 81465 Human Resources Management
Beijing Language and Culture University – Contemporary Chinese Culture Certificate
The courses for this certificate are aimed at helping you develop a better understanding of Chinese culture and contemporary China, as well as grasp the basic social methods of effectively interacting with Chinese people under cross-culture circumstances. Courses include World Literature and World Civilizations.
- ENGL 2332 81465 World Literature
- HIST 2321 81465 World Civilizations
I am Ready to Get Started! How Do I Enroll?
Registration is available online through eConnect until Wednesday, Aug. 22. You may register for only one of these courses. Don’t forget to enter 81465, the specific section number!
To determine if these IHC/Dallas Community Colleges courses would apply to your program of study or degree plan (as a required course, elective or additional course), be sure to visit with your academic advisor before registering. This is especially important if you are receiving financial aid or if you need information on how these online IHC courses will transfer to a four-year institution.
Once you’ve registered, be on the lookout for an email with instructions on how to access your courses.
Still Have Questions?
For more information, speak with a Phi Theta Kappa advisor on your campus.