Last updated on June 5, 2018
It’s that time of year when students of all ages are getting ready for summer break and vacations. If you don’t have summer plans or will be staying in town this year, the colleges of DCCCD have you covered.
Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, Mountain View and North Lake colleges will offer summer programs from creative writing to swimming to mathematics and so much more. Spots fill quickly, be sure to register early.
Brookhaven College Summer Camps in Farmers Branch
Brookhaven’s summer youth program is packed with fun-filled courses that will make learning fun for all ages. Brookhaven offers a variety of courses that begin each week. They include:
- Cake Decorating (ages 10-13 from July 23-27)
- Creative Writing — Short Stories (ages 8-12 from July 9-13 and July 23-27)
- Digital Photography Using Photoshop (ages 8-12 from July 16-20)
- Finding Your Inner Hero for Girls (ages 11-14 from July 23-27)
- Future Leaders (ages 11-14 from July 9-13)
- Mastering the Miniature (ages 9-11 from July 30- August 3)
- Super Hero Cartooning (ages 7-13 from July 2-6)
- Theater for Youth (ages 8-12 from July 30- August 3)
- Super Flights (ages 7-13 from July 2-6)
- Paint Club (ages 7-13 from July 16-20)
- Polymer Clay Club (ages 8-12 from July 16-20)
How Do I Register?
For general information about Brookhaven’s summer youth program, please call 972-860-4600. Registration is underway. Parents can register in person in Building S, room S052 or by phone at 972-860-4715 (please have course information and a valid credit card ready). All students must complete the continuing education registration form, DCCCD minor student form and photo release form which are available on campus or online on Brookhaven’s website. Brookhaven is located at 3939 Valley View Lane in Carrollton/Farmers Branch.
Cedar Valley College Summer Camps in Lancaster
Cedar Valley offers a variety of exciting classes including music lessons, sports camps, STEM camps and TexPREP.
Cedar Valley will offer the following STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) classes this summer:
- Cyber Defense Security: STEM Camp (ages 14-17 from June 11-29)
- Coding With Drones (ages 14-17 from June 18-29)
- Mobile Virtual Reality Camp 1 (ages 14-17 from July 9-20)
- Mobile Virtual Reality Camp 2 (ages 14-17 from July 23- Aug. 3)
- Black Girls Code (for girls ages 14-17 from July 23-27)
TexPREP is open to middle and high school students. This program is designed to help students prepare for careers in the fields of mathematics, science, technology and engineering. Students will engage in coursework, team projects, class presentations, examinations, career awareness speakers, field trips and special events. TexPrep will offer the following course:
- TexPREP: Pre-freshman Engineering Program (June 18-27)
You can find more information about the TexPREP class online at Cedar Valley’s website.
How Do I Register?
For more information about registration please contact the Cedar Valley office of continuing education at 972-860-7800 or 972-860-0816. You can also register online through eConnect using the course name (CAMZ). Be sure to select Cedar Valley College and summer 2018 for the term.
Eastfield College Summer Camps in Mesquite
Camp Buzz at Eastfield cultivates your child’s imagination by staying connected to big ideas through critical thinking and creative play. Camp Buzz is an organic, inventive and stimulating learning experience for ages 5 to 13.
- Camp Buzz: K –3rd grades- 5-day camps (June 11-15, June 18-22, June 25-29, July 2-6, July 9-13, July 16-20, July 23-27, July 30-Aug. 3, Aug 6-10)
- Camp Buzz: 4th–7th grades – 5-day camps (June 11-15, June 18-22, June 25-29, July 2-6, July 9-13, July 16-20, July 23-27, July 30-Aug. 3, Aug. 6-10)
- Advanced Swimming (ages 6-17 from June 11-29, July 2-20, July 23-Aug. 10)
- Parent and child aquatics (ages 6 months -2 from June 11- 29; July 2-20; July 23- Aug. 10)
- Preschool aquatics (ages 3-5 from June 11-29; July 2-20; July 23-Aug. 10)
How Do I Register?
To register, call the college’s continuing education office at 972-860-7114 (please have a valid credit card ready), or visit the continuing education admissions office in room 117 of Building W (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.); or get more information on Eastfield’s website. Eastfield College is located at 3737 Motley Dr. in Mesquite.
Mountain View College Summer Camps in Dallas/Oak Cliff
The 2018 summer youth classes at Mountain View College invite students to have an adventure as they learn. The college will offer academic classes in “Reading, Writing and Math Camps” in separate sessions for youngsters who have completed first through seventh grade.
- Reading/Writing/Math (first through seventh grade from June 11-28 and July 9-26)
- Ballet (beginners, ages 4-5, 6-8 and 9-11, all from June 16-Aug. 11)
- Creating Comics Camp (July 9-19)
- Build & Boost Camp (ages 8-12 from July 2-6)
- Drone Junior Camp (ages 8-12 from July 2-6)
- Lego Junior Engineer Camp (ages 8-12 from July 2-6)
- Lego Young Builders Camp (ages 5-7 from July 2-6)
- Guitar for Youth (ages 8-10 from June 13-Aug. 8 and ages 11-13 from June 14-Aug. 9)
- Gymnastics – Tumbling (ages 4-5, 6-8 and 9-11, all from June 17-Aug. 12)
- Tae Kwon Do (ages 7-11 from June 11-July 23)
- Tennis for Beginners (ages 7-17 from June 9-June 30)
- Intermediate Tennis for Kids (ages 7-17 from July 14-Aug. 4)
- Body Image, Media and Your Self-Esteem (ages 7-17 from June 5-26)
- Leader in ME: Leadership Skills for Young People (ages 7-17 from July 11-Aug. 1)
- Proper Manners and Etiquette for Young People (ages 7-17 from July 11 – Aug. 1)
- Spanish Mini-Camp for completers from grades 1-5 (July 30-Aug. 16)
- Swimming Lessons (for water babies, toddlers, beginners and advanced beginners, based on age; offered on a variety of schedules)
Interested in designing apps for an iPhone? Mountain View College is hosting a two week youth drone and coding camp.
Courses for coding with Apple Swift Playgrounds:
- Apple Swift Playgrounds (ages 7-10 from July 16- July 26)
- Apple Swift Playgrounds (ages 11-13 from July 30- Aug. 9)
How Do I Register?
Check out the full summer youth schedule on Mountain View’s website. Registration is under way and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Many classes have limited space. Register in person at the continuing education admissions office, located on the second level of the Student Services Building on the west side of campus (the Illinois Avenue and Duncanville Road entrance), on Monday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To register by phone, call 214-860-8835; MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted. Mountain View College is located at 4849 W. Illinois Ave. in Dallas.
North Lake College Summer Camps in Irving
Blazer basketball and soccer skills camp at North Lake where boys and girls learn the skills of playing basketball or soccer while making new friends and creating lasting memories.
You can choose from:
- Future Blazers Basketball Camp (ages 8-14 from June 11-14)
- Soccer Skills Camp (ages 8-14 from June 11-14)
How Do I Register?
Registration is under way and spots are limited. Register in person at the continuing education admissions office, located in the admissions suite in A405, on Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; and on Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; or get more information on North Lake’s website. To register by phone, call 972-273-3360; MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted. North Lake College is located at 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Irving.
- Interested in continuing your own education this summer? Check out the Summer 2018 schedule at DCCCD to see a full list of options.
- Not sure where the admissions or continuing education office is on a particular campus? Visit our website for campus maps.