Last updated on March 4, 2020
Dallas Community Colleges annually provides the 1098-T form to students who enrolled in credit classes during the tax year as prescribed by IRS regulations. This form provides information about educational expenses that may qualify the student for tuition-and-fees tax deductions or education-related tax credits. Your 1098-T form will be available by Jan. 31 each year.
A 1098-T will be issued to students if they:
- made payments for credit courses or took out a federal loan to pay for credit courses during calendar year 2017 and
- total nonloan financial aid for the year was less than the amount of payments made and/or federal loans taken out during calendar year 2017
Students who do not meet both of these requirements will not receive a 1098-T form.
Where to Get Your 1098-T Form From DCCCD
There are four ways you can get your 1098-T form. The first and easiest method to use is filling in Heartland ECSI’s EConsent form. If you use this method, you’ll get an email as soon as your form is ready with instructions on how to access your 1098-T form online. You won’t have to keep checking the website to see if forms have been posted. With this method, you won’t get a paper form in the mail. That helps the environment and saves your school money.
There are also three other ways to get your 1098-T form:
1. Students Can Get Their 1098-T Form by Mail
For the 2017 tax year, eligible students who do not print out their form from the ECSI website will receive a copy of their 1098-T form in the mail.
2. Students Can Get Their 1098-T Form Online
All eligible students can access their 1098-T online through our service provider, Heartland ECSI. To access your form online:
- Go to the Heartland ECSI website.
- Click on Tax Documents.
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO SEARCH FOR YOUR TAX FORM.”
- Start typing “Dallas,” and “Dallas County Community College District” will appear in the drop-down list; select it and press Submit. When 1098-T forms are available on the site, you will need to enter your first and last name, Social Security number and zip code to access your form.
Note: If you are on the ECSI website and need help, click on Contact Us and you can chat live with a customer service advocate. You can also contact ECSI customer service, toll free, at 866-428-1098
3. Students Can Get Their 1098-T Form by Request
If you can’t get your 1098-T form online through ECSI, you may contact us to ask for one. (In your request, you must provide your name as it appears in our records, your student ID number and a phone number where you can be reached.)
- Send an email to 1098T@dcccd.edu -or-
- Call our 1098-T number: 972-860-7482. This is a voicemail-only line that will be checked daily.
The deadline to request a 1098-T or to request changes is March 10, 2018.
Questions About DCCCD Financial Aid?
Give us a call at the financial aid call center at 972-587-2599. We’re open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday.