Did you know you can take online classes from top universities and pay DCCCD tuition rates? It’s true! If you’ve completed at least 12 credit hours of DCCCD courses with a 3.5 GPA or higher, you qualify.
Choose From Four International Honors Certificates
These international honors courses are currently available through four separate universities and each lead to a different International Honor Certificate. Most classes can be completed in about four to six weeks, and they’re all 100 percent online — making them fast, accessible and affordable!
Course offerings can include:
UCLA Anderson – Global Entrepreneurship Certificate
You can learn the basics of global entrepreneurship with the convenience of an Internet connection through UCLA Anderson. Choose from Introduction to Business or Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship to learn the core concepts of creating a global business plan, getting it funded and successfully growing your business.
- BUSI 1301 81465 Introduction to Business
- BUSG 2309 81465 Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship
University of Johannesburg, South Africa – Organizational Leadership Certificate
Learn to better understand yourself and others while building a foundation for leadership in any context with an Organizational Leadership certificate. Choose from Intercultural Management or Organizational Behavior to learn more about guiding others while navigating different backgrounds and personalities.
- IBUS 2341 81465 Inter Cultural Management
- HRPO 2307 81465 Organizational Be
University of South Carolina – International Business Human Resources Certificate
You can earn an International Business Human Resources certificate through the University of South Carolina. Ranked number one as an international business program for 13 straight years, you’ll learn to balance corporate policies with local customs to successfully manage in a global workplace. Choose from Introduction to International Business and Trade or Human Resources Management to start learning more about how to navigate the international marketplace.
- IBUS 1305 81465 Introduction to International Business and Trade
- HRPO 2301 81465 Human Resources Management
Beijing Language and Culture University – Contemporary Chinese Culture Certificate
The courses for this certificate are aimed at helping international students develop an understanding of Chinese culture and contemporary China, as well as grasp the basic social methods of effectively interacting with Chinese people under cross-culture circumstances. Courses include World Literature and World Civilizations.
- ENGL 2332 81465 World Literature
- HIST 2321 81465 World Civilizations
More Information About the International Honors Certificate Program
Not sure if an International Honors Certificate is right for you? Here are a few more details about the program to help you decide:
- This program is offered in conjunction with the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society; however, you are not required to be a member of PTK to participate.
- These honors courses are self-paced, 100 percent online and can be completed in 4-6 weeks.
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a grade of “pass” for the DCCCD equivalent course; International Honors Certificates are issued by the four-year institution from which you took the class.
- You will also receive an “International Leadership in Action and Development” certificate through PTK upon completion of the program.
- Financial aid is available; however, you must register before the class begins to be eligible.
What Do Students Think of the Honors Society Program?
An International Honors Certificate can be a meaningful and impactful addition to your resume! “I’m not just competing with people in Dallas,” explains Jorge Pina, a biomedical sciences student at Mountain View College. “I’m competing on an international level. This [program] gives me a competitive advantage if I’m applying to an elite university or for a job.”
A resume boost translates into more than job opportunities. A strong resume can also help you with scholarship applications — especially when it comes to international travel or studying abroad.
Enroll in an Online International Honors Course Today
Registration is available online through eConnect until Jan. 10, just like the regular Spring registration deadline. You may register for only one of these courses. Don’t forget to enter 83465, the specific section number!
To determine if these IHC/DCCCD courses would apply to your program of study or degree plan (as a required course, elective or additional course), be sure to visit with your academic advisor before registering. This is especially important if you are receiving financial aid or if you need information on how these online IHC courses will transfer to a four-year institution.
Once you’ve registered, log into eCampus and select “Your Online Classroom.” Under “Community,” search for the DCCCD-PTK-INTERNATIONAL organization for additional course information.