There are plenty of great things about being a college student, but one in particular sticks out: student discounts!
For example, DCCCD students and staff can get a special price by participating in the e-consignment program for discounted tickets to the Texas State Fair! These e-consignment tickets are just $12 per ticket (plus a $3 fee per order), making your single ticket total cost just $15 compared to the regular single day admission total price of $19.50. Don’t delay — the fair opens Sept. 29!
DCCCD employees: don’t feel left out. This discount program applies to you, too!
How to Redeem Your DCCCD Discount for State Fair of Texas Tickets
Just visit the DCCCD e-consignment page on the State Fair of Texas website. You can also buy food and ride coupons in $50 packages at the same time you buy your tickets.
What other student discounts and perks are available for the students and staff of DCCCD? We’re so glad you asked! Other discounts include:
- New in 2017: get $5 admission to the Nasher Sculpture Center with valid student ID
- New in 2017: Get a $10 ride credit from Lyft by using the code ‘DCCCD’ when you sign up. (New users only.)
- Discount tickets to FC Dallas games
- 15% off your AT&T wireless plans and services
- Student Tuesday at the Angelika Film Center, with $8 tickets and a free 8-ounce popcorn (with unlimited refills!)
- Staff and student discounts on tickets to Six Flags Over Texas
- Admission to the Dallas Museum of Art is free with student ID, or discounted on tickets for special exhibitions.
- Special ticket pricing for Texas Rangers games
Hop over to the website to read more details about the various DCCCD student and staff discounts available.
Other Perks of Attending DCCCD
- Each campus has its own fitness facilities, with some colleges even offering weight rooms and walking/running trails.
- DCCCD offers career planning and job search services to current and former students, as well as students in the process of enrolling and those who have graduated from a college of DCCCD.
- Feeling stressed or anxious? Counseling services are also available on most campuses by appointment or on a walk-in basis from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Not a current DCCCD student, but thinking about going back to college?