You read that right! Starting in January 2017, all eligible DCCCD students can apply for a Student GoPass. Stay tuned, though — there are a few eligibility requirements and other details you’re going to want to keep in mind.
How Do I Know If I’m Eligible for a Free Student GoPass?
In order to get a free DART student GoPass, you must be one of the following:
- A credit student enrolled in six or more credit hours (for either the fall or spring semesters) and three or more credit hours (for summer semester), OR
- A continuing education student enrolled in 96 or more contact hours (for the first, second or third quarter of the academic year) and 48 or more contact hours (for the fourth quarter)
How Do I Get My Student GoPass?
In order to activate and receive your GoPass, follow the steps below:
- To request your Student GoPass, fill out the My DART GoPass Application form on eConnect under “My Personal Information.”
- Next, have your photo taken at school.
- Then, download the GoPass app on your Android or iPhone. The app is free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Finally, open the GoPass app and register your phone number. In the GoPass app you’ll select “Settings” then “Register.”
- Your college will then need to verify your information. Once you’re verified, your Student GoPass will appear in your GoPass app under “My Tickets” in January 2017.
You do not need to wait until Certification Day to get your GoPass. As long as you maintain the minimum eligibility of six or more credit hours or 96 or more contact hours, you will remain eligible.
What If I Don’t Have a Smartphone?
Be sure to check out our DART Student GoPass Frequently Asked Questions page, or comment below.
El Centro students: If you are taking six or more credit hours (or 96 or more contact hours) at El Centro, you will still qualify for a DART decal sticker on your student ID. Contact El Centro’s business office at 214-860-2044 with questions.