Are you a college student with an interest in a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (also known as STEM)? If so, you might want to look into this great opportunity to work alongside professionals at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
The Los Alamos National Laboratory Student Internship Program provides students with the opportunity to explore a variety of STEM-related career opportunities. You’ll get the chance to do things like:
- work directly with professionals in STEM fields
- use state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation
- participate in training activities that incorporate meaningful work experiences
- participate in research opportunities at the Los Alamos lab
How Do I Apply for the Internship?
Visit the Los Alamos National Laboratory internship application on myPortal to apply for the program. Make sure to have the following materials on hand when you apply:
- a resume
- a statement of research interest (like a cover letter!)
- two letters of recommendation from professors
- a transcript with a minimum 3.0 GPA
This program is 10 weeks long and the application deadline is Dec. 15. Selected students start work in June and the internship ends in early August. This is a paid internship opportunity.
How to Access myPortal
myPortal is for current DCCCD students only. To visit myPortal, follow these steps: