Are you ready to begin the Fall 2016 semester at DCCCD? Here are some dates to keep in mind when it comes to registration and financial aid for fall classes.
Important Dates for Fall Classes
- Monday, April 25 – Regular registration (open to all students) started.
- beginning Friday, Aug. 5 – Estimated disbursement date for tuition to be paid by financial aid, provided Satisfactory Academic Progress standards are met and depending on the day your classes begin.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10 through Wednesday, Sept. 14 – Up to $1,000 disbursed through eRefunds for books and supplies.
- Monday, Aug. 15 – Your fall tuition payment due date, if you registered between Aug. 1 and Aug. 14.
- Saturday, Aug. 20 – The last day to register for the fall semester.
- Monday, Aug. 29 – The fall semester begins.
- Monday, Sept. 12 – The financial aid lock date, also known as the 12th class day.
- Monday, Sept. 12 – Remainder of eligible funds and direct loan refunds will begin being disbursed to students.
- Saturday, Oct. 1 – “Early FAFSA” begins for 2017-2018 financial aid.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 – Last day to withdraw for a grade of W.
- Monday, Dec. 12 through Thursday, Dec. 15 – Final exams/fall semester ends.
- Monday, Dec. 19 – Last day for faculty to submit grades electronically through eConnect to the registrar’s office.
Fall Refund Dates
Withdraw before these dates to ensure a refund.
Refund Dates for Fall
|Date of Withdrawal||Percentage Refunded|
|Prior to Aug. 29||100%|
|Aug. 29-Sept. 16||70%|
|Sept. 24 or later||None|
Wintermester, Flex Term or Online Classes
It’s important to note that, if you’re taking Wintermester or Flex Term classes, the dates listed above might not apply – and you should definitely check with the Business/Cashier’s Office for details. Additionally, if you’re not up for sitting in a classroom for a full 16 weeks, Wintermester, Flex Term or online classes might be the way to go so you can still earn a few extra credits without a 16-week, in-person commitment. But don’t just take our word for it – browse the full DCCCD fall 2016 schedule to get a full sense of your options.
“Why Can’t I Register for This Class?!”
If you normally attend another college or university and you’re taking classes with us this semester, we’ll need your transcripts from those other institutions. One of the primary reasons for this is because many courses have prerequisites that must be met before you can register. Your transcripts are the main way we find out if you’ve taken those prerequisites elsewhere before coming to DCCCD.
Transcripts are evaluated by DCCCD Admissions/Registrar’s offices, and you will need to have your transcripts sent to the college you plan to attend. (Still have questions about transcripts? Check out some of our frequently asked questions about transcripts and evaluation.)
Fall 2016 Holidays/Closures
We know how much you love being on campus each and every day, but just so you’re aware, we won’t be there to hang out with you on these dates:
- Friday, Aug. 26 – All DCCCD colleges are closed for District Conference Day.
- Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 – DCCCD is closed for Thanksgiving.
- Monday, Dec. 26 through Tuesday, Jan. 3 – DCCCD is closed for winter break.