Fall 2016: Important Dates

Are you ready to begin the Fall 2016 semester at DCCCD? Here are some dates to keep in mind when it comes to registration and financial aid for fall classes.

Important Dates for Fall Classes

Fall Refund Dates

Withdraw before these dates to ensure a refund.

Refund Dates for Fall

Date of Withdrawal Percentage Refunded
Prior to Aug. 29 100%
Aug. 29-Sept. 16 70%
Sept. 19-23 25%
Sept. 24 or later None

Payment Plans

If you need to pay your tuition in installments, visit your college’s Business/Cashier’s Office to set up a payment plan.

Wintermester, Flex Term or Online Classes

It’s important to note that, if you’re taking Wintermester or Flex Term classes, the dates listed above might not apply – and you should definitely check with the Business/Cashier’s Office for details. Additionally, if you’re not up for sitting in a classroom for a full 16 weeks, WintermesterFlex Term or online classes might be the way to go so you can still earn a few extra credits without a 16-week, in-person commitment. But don’t just take our word for it – browse the full DCCCD fall 2016 schedule to get a full sense of your options.

“Why Can’t I Register for This Class?!”

If you normally attend another college or university and you’re taking classes with us this semester, we’ll need your transcripts from those other institutions. One of the primary reasons for this is because many courses have prerequisites that must be met before you can register. Your transcripts are the main way we find out if you’ve taken those prerequisites elsewhere before coming to DCCCD.

Transcripts are evaluated by DCCCD Admissions/Registrar’s offices, and you will need to have your transcripts sent to the college you plan to attend. (Still have questions about transcripts? Check out some of our frequently asked questions about transcripts and evaluation.)

Fall 2016 Holidays/Closures

We know how much you love being on campus each and every day, but just so you’re aware, we won’t be there to hang out with you on these dates:

• Friday, Aug. 26 – All DCCCD colleges are closed for District Conference Day.
  • Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 – DCCCD is closed for Thanksgiving.
  • Monday, Dec. 26 through Tuesday, Jan. 3 – DCCCD is closed for winter break.

Confused About Registration Dates?

Comment below with questions, email socialteam@dcccd.edu or browse through our frequently asked questions section on the website.

Published inRegistration

5 Comments

1. Sonya Sonya

Are there two different calendars for financial aid? One states that tuition will be paid on the 5th and the other says the 15th . The book disbursements are listed as the 10th and the 15th? Is there anyway to verify the correct days? Thanks

• Monica Monica

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! It’s possible I’ve made a mistake and need to correct it. I do think I see what you’re talking about, though – you’re referencing this calendar, right? https://www.dcccd.edu/PC/FA/Awarding/Pages/1617DisbSched.aspx

I do think I made a mistake in the way I wrote that originally/the context was wrong, so I’ve edited that accordingly. But can you tell me where you saw the 15th as a date for book disbursements? That one I’m having a little trouble tracking down, since the dates I have listed in the post are the same as from the FA schedule on the district site.

2. Dusty Singleton Dusty Singleton

So when do they pay tuition i just got satisfactory sap message and my tuition is in the red. I’m first time and just wondering if I’ll be dropped

• Monica Monica

Tuition payments from financial aid should be coming in any day now, and in fact some students have already received theirs. The fact that you have a FAFSA on file should hold your enrollment, but of course please let us know if you have any issues.

• It is now the 23rd and I have a satisfactory SAP and my tuition still hasn’t been paid is there a delay still, class starts on Monday and my tuition hasn’t been paid nor money disbursed for books?