DCCCD Student Blog Post: Caroline Says Goodbye Before Heading to UTD

Last updated on October 2, 2019

This post is written by Caroline Jones, a DCCCD student blogger and Richland College student.

Hey blog peeps! So this is my last blog of the semester and I could not be more upset! I’ve so enjoyed blogging this semester, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading my blogs.

So this last entry is about a day in the life of ME! My life can be pretty hectic at times, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. On a normal day I wake up about 7 a.m.! I get dressed (I usually try to pick out something nice, but that doesn’t always happen), I eat a healthy breakfast (Cheerios or something organic I can heat up in the microwave), and I head off to school.

I’m either at school until 11 or 3 depending on the day. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I’m usually at school until about 11, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I stay until 3. After I leave school I head off to personal training at 24 Hour Fitness (because you know, I like to stay in shape! Haha).

My personal trainer is absolutely awesome and I leave our sessions feeling so wonderful. After I’ve hit the gym, I usually try to speed home to eat a snack and wait until I have to go to work. I work at Dance Company of Wylie 4 or 5 days a week, so it’s basically my second home and I love it to death!

I usually stay at work until around 8 or 9 and then head home to sleep and then wake up and do it all over again. Juggling everything I have going on in my life is such a challenge for me sometimes, but I stay motivated by thinking of all the great things that are coming in the future. For instance, I’m transferring to UTD next semester and I could not be more excited. I have loved my time at Richland, but it is time for one chapter in my life to end and for a new one to begin. I’m quite nervous to start my time at a university, but I know once I get started I will love it.

Well I hope everyone did great on their finals. Try not to stress too much – they are only tests and don’t define who you are as a person or how smart you truly are, and I hope everyone enjoys their winter break!

Farewell to all of my blog readers out there, I love you all!

Have a very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and all of the other winter holidays coming up and a happy new year!

Thank you for reading!

XOXO,

Caroline

More Information About DCCCD and Our Student Bloggers

Are you interested in being a student blogger? Send us an email at socialteam@dcccd.edu.

Published inWhy Dallas College?