The 2015 deadline has passed, but never fear! Head to the DCCCD website for info on the Rising Star application process for the current year.
Researching ways to pay for college? Check out Rising Star.
Rising Star provides qualified high school graduates up to $4,000 toward tuition and books at any of the seven colleges of DCCCD.
Rising Star students also get free academic support services, like one-on-one tutoring, and can apply for special transfer scholarships to attend a four-year college or university.
This is your opportunity to graduate college debt-free.
Will you take it? The deadline to apply is July 1, 2015.
- Read more about the eligibility requirements for the Rising Star scholarship program.
- Find the application on eConnect and read about the steps for applying for the Rising Star program.
- Got questions? Contact your college’s Rising Star office to get answers and discuss issues related to the application.
If you know of a friend or family member who may be interested in the Rising Star Program, please take a moment to share this blog post with them or direct them to the Rising Star website at dcccd.edu/risingstar.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Not qualified for Rising Star funds? No problem – you may still be eligible for scholarship money through the DCCCD Foundation.
Other Financial Aid Opportunities
- Make sure to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, every year. No exceptions!
- Find other scholarship and financial aid resources on the DCCCD website.