Meet Andrea, a Spring Student Blogger

Last updated on October 4, 2019

We’re excited to introduce you to one of the winners of our spring student blogger contest, Andrea Carrizales. She will be blogging throughout the semester about college, her classes, her future plans and more. Here’s more about Andrea, in her own words:

Hi! I’m Andrea Carrizales.

I’m a full-time student at Eastfield College, still exploring classes before I set on a major. I enjoy learning about many things, and this only makes choosing a field of study even harder!

Last semester, I was convinced I would go for art history; however, now I’m thinking about engineering and communications as possible choices.

I work at Eastfield as the editor of Life and Arts in The Etcetera student newspaper, and I tutor English and Spanish.

My hobbies include watching movies, reading, playing tennis and keeping up with the latest fashion trends.

My favorite movies are The Devil Wears Prada, I Am Sam and Sabrina (1954). I also love the TV show Parks and Recreation, and I am always trying to catch up with it.

Audrey Hepburn and Eleanor Roosevelt are two amazing women I look up to. Their grace, intelligence and charm inspire me to be my best self every day.

More Information

***Read past student blogger posts, and stay tuned for more from our spring student bloggers throughout the semester.

Published inWhy Dallas College?