A Day in the Life of a College Student: Amber

Last updated on September 26, 2019

AmberSmithwritten by Amber Smith, a fall student blogger and Richland College/Richland Collegiate High School student

Every day brings us new challenges and experiences. At Richland, my schedule is different on Monday, Wednesday and Friday than on Tuesday and Thursday. All of my classes provide a different challenge that requires different strategies to overcome. Here is an example of a regular Monday:

6:15 a.m. – I wake up, eat a bagel and drink a cup of tea for breakfast and head out the door at 7 a.m.

8:10 a.m. – I have Physics for an hour and twenty minutes. My professor is very energetic and loves to make jokes to try to wake up the class (occasionally it works). I take a lot of notes with my colorful pens and turn in any homework we may have had.

9:30 a.m. – The majority of the people in my Physics class are also in my Path College and Career (PCC) class. This class prepares us high school students for taking the SAT and provides career guidance.

11:15 a.m. – Learning Frameworks is my last class before my lunch break so everybody there is always wishing time would tick by faster. The professor doesn’t help with our hunger by constantly talking about steak and strawberries ;). It is overall a very fun class where everybody is engaged in the activities.

12:10 p.m. – Lunch! I eat lunch with my very outgoing friend Rachael. Sometimes we will eat on campus if we brought our lunches to school or we will go to a restaurant to get some food. My lunch break is almost two hours long so there is plenty of time to eat a good meal.

1:50 p.m. – History. Despite purely being a lecture, this is the first history class that truly has me interested. The professor is passionate about what he is teaching and enjoys playing videos for us to watch. The assignments and tests have been pretty easy for me so far.

2:45 p.m. – My day at school is finished so now it is time to go home and do my homework, watch a bunch of YouTube videos and work on the scarf I am knitting.

Every day, something new happens and we never know what to expect. The best thing to do is to enjoy our time whenever and wherever we can!

More Information

***Read all of our student blogger posts. Are you interested in being a student blogger? Send us an email at socialteam@dcccd.edu.

Published inWhy Dallas College?